Weekly Chess Puzzle 6

Hi good fellows. For some unavoidable reasons, I couldn’t post our weekly chess puzzle on Thursday, so I am posting it today. Hope you all will enjoy this one.

This game was between the mighty Magnus Carlsen (White) and Jan-Krzysztof Duda (Black) during FIDE World Cup 2021 semi final.

Find the best move for Black.

Weekly Chess Puzzle 6.PNG

Hints: This game was a draw.

Previous Puzzle
Next Puzzle
2 Likes

How to solve?What`s the answer?

Pawn d3 to d2? Can’t find any other move as better as this one…

Hints: Your greatest asset is d pawn as it is only 2 squares away from promotion. Try to utilize that. Whats the biggest problem in promoting the pawn? Try to solve that problem.

then white rook will move to d1. The white king will help the rook to capture your d pawn. After that, you are one pawn down, your pawn structure is stupid, white had queen side pawn majority and one can argue that white also has king side pawn majority. How are you gonna win this?

I know this might sound idiotic to you, but how does white king help the rook to capture the d pawn?

1 Like

Hey man! Never think that way! We all were newbie at some point.

About your question, I am first attaching the board to make it clear to you.

এখন দেখো, কালো নৌকার ঐ সৈন্যকে রক্ষা করার জন্যে ডি-ফাইলে থাকা আবশ্যিক। অন্যদিকে সাদার নৌকা ইতিমধ্যে ঐ সৈন্যকে অ্যাটাক করেছে, এরপর যদি রাজা সবুজ লাইন বরাবর চলে আসে, মাত্র ২ চালের মাঝে সে ডি ফাইলের কালো সৈন্যের কাছে চলে আসবে। রাজা-নৌকা উভয়েই ঐ সৈন্যকে অ্যাটাক করছে, যেখানে কালো নৌকা শুধুমাত্র তাকে রক্ষা করার কাজ করছে। এই দুই চালে কালোর অন্য কোন গুটি নেই যে ঐ সৈন্যকে রক্ষা করতে যেতে পারে। তাই বলা হয়েছে রাজা নৌকাকে ঐ সৈন্য খেয়ে ফেলতে সাহায্য করছে। আসলে এখানে ব্যাপারটা হলো একটা গুটিকে সাদা দুটি গুটি দিয়ে অ্যাটাক করছে, কালো একটি গুটি দিয়ে ডিফেন্স করছে, তাহলে সাদা ঐ গুটিটা জিততে পারবে।

Your right :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

That’s different puzzle.

1 Like